Couples in Australia are increasingly looking towards surrogacy as an option to have a family.
Whilst commercial surrogacy is legal in some overseas countries, in Australia surrogacy can only be arranged altruistically so that neither party receives any payment other than out of pocket medical expenses and other limited expenses for the purposes of the arrangement.
Our experienced team of lawyers at Pearsons Lawyers can assist you and provide you with the advice you need. Contact Pearsons for your first FREE appointment on 1300 699 688 and know where you stand.
Know Where You Stand
Surrogacy arrangements either between family members and friends with an independent surrogate is increasingly being utilised as an option for couples. It is important that advice is received prior to entering into any arrangement with respect to:
- The biological parents rights;
- The egg donor’s rights;
- The sperm donor’s rights;
- The surrogate carrier’s rights;
- Arrangements prior to the birth of the child and the types of expenses that can and cannot be covered;
- Contact arrangements by agreement after the birth of the child;
- The legal rights of each of the parties to the surrogacy arrangement;
- What happens if a party changes their mind.
Prior to parties entering into a surrogacy arrangement, documentation is required to be lodged for the Patient Review Panel confirming that appropriate advice has been provided to all of the parties to the arrangement.
After the decision has been made by the Patient Review Panel and after the birth of the child, documentation is then required for the purposes of arranging for the commissioning parents (the parents who will raise the child) for the purposes of substituting their names on the birth certificate at the County Court. Pearsons Lawyers can assist you through this legal journey.
To arrange your FREE initial consultation with a specialist Family Lawyer at Pearsons Lawyers contact us today or call 1300 699 688 and know where you stand.
Know Where You Stand
Book Your Free Appointment
During your initial free consultation we will:
- Discuss your circumstances.
- Answer any questions about the divorce process.
- Discuss your options.
- Advise you of your entitlements.
- Provide you with information about the cost of a divorce and separation.
Call our office or fill in the contact form to book your free appointment.
Get Your First Appointment Free