- Tell the truth – always tell the truth. It is never as damaging as lies.
- Listen to the question and answer it as briefly as possible. If you do not understand the question, say so.
- Stay calm – breathe and relax as much as possible.
- Be respectful and polite at all times – don’t argue or talk over anybody.
- The Judge is the most important person in the room – turn and face them, look at them and direct all your answers to them.
Family reports are prepared by an independent third party, usually an experienced social worker, family consultant or psychologist who will...