Andrew graduated with a Juris Doctor from Melbourne University and has practiced primarily in Family Law since that time. He is passionate about Family Law and working to find a fair and equitable outcome for his clients.
Andrew has worked in a number of legal disciplines, including commercial and civil law, personal injury, intervention orders and migration law. Having had practical experience in these other areas assists Andrew to understand the interrelated issues involved in his client’s family law matters. He appears regularly on behalf of clients in the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia (now a combined Court) and the Magistrates Court of Australia. Prior to his admission as a lawyer, Andrew gained valuable experience working with Victoria Legal Aid in their parenting disputes team while completing his studies.
Andrew has special expertise in:
- Intervention Orders – representing both Applicants and Respondents;
- Complex parenting cases – in a recent case Andrew obtained a result for a parent seeking primary care of the children despite a Family Report recommending a different outcome;
- Complex relocation of children matters;
- Complex jurisdictional issues in property/ financial cases
Andrew has the ability to analyse detailed financial records which are often critical to determining the strategic direction of a case when representing a client. He has well developed attention to detail.
Andrew prides himself on acting with empathy and compassion with all his clients and takes his time to understand and manage his client’s expectations, while always working towards the best outcome for all his clients.
Outside of work Andrew is an experienced snowboarder and enjoys hiking and any activity that involves the beach. He loves to travel and spend time with friends and family.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Juris Doctor Melbourne University
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Family Law Section of Law Council of Australia
- Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Admitted to practice in the High Court of Australia